Tuesday, September 15, 2009
SRU Lacrosse
Today is the first day of SRU women's lacrosse. We have our first practice and it will be interesting to see how things go. We got a new assist. coach and we have a lot of freshman. Even though our sport is a spring sport we still do a lot of fall lacrosse. We either have practices from 4-6 or 5-7 two days a week. We also have a 6am conditioning practice every Wednesday so that will start tomorrow. We also work Pitt and Steelers games to raise money for supplies and for our spring break trip. I am excited for the season to start. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hope you have a good season this year. Last year I went to a few home games because I new a few players and the team looked pretty good at those games. Hope the team can do even better this year. Is there a way you can get me into any steelers games since you work them? What does the team do at the steelers games?
ReplyDeleteHave fun with those 6 am workouts! How do you think the freshmen will do this year? Do you think that the will make it throught the entire season? Have you met the new assistant coach? Does she seem like she will be a good coach?
ReplyDeleteI wish you the best of luck with your season! I have been to a few lacrosse games myself but I have never played. It seems to be a pretty intense sport. Also my sorority is planning on working at Steelers games to raise money as well! Hopefully they will do good this year too!!!
ReplyDeleteI hope everything goes well for the girls lacrosse team this year. Freshman usually adapt into it eventually. They just need time to get used to the change from highschool sport to college. I hope to come see some of the games this year. I was always interested in seeing a lacrosse game but haven't gotten a chance to do that yet. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteemms! good luck with your season again this year. Too bad you didn't stick with basketball though. We have a lot of new players and freshman too so it looks like we are in the same boat. How do you think the team will do this year? Good Luck Again!!
ReplyDeletegood luck with your season, i know a few of the girls from the team so i will be at as many games as i can be. I know how you feel with all these practices, your body aches at first but then it gets used to it, so all in time you will be fine. Good luck!!!
ReplyDeleteI have always wanted to play Lacrosse but my high school never offered it. The physical play and high skill level always interested me. The sport is rarely on T.V but when it is I always watch. I wonder if the Rock has a recreational lacrosse team? Hope your team has a great season and best of luck.
ReplyDelete