Sunday, September 20, 2009

College Student living on their own

It's finally Sunday a day to relax. I have no Lacrosse today and it's nice to have the freedom to catch up with everything. Since I have today off I decided I would try and catch up on all my school work and do some grocery shopping. It's tough being a college student and living on your own. Having to pay for rent and gas. To find time to run out to Wal - Mart or Giant Eagle to go grocery shopping. Trying to learn how to cook so you can get a healthy cooked meal, because that's my problem I have no idea how to cook.

5 comments:

  1. It seems like such a struggle to find time as a college student living on your own to balance time between everything. If you play sports there is that, then all of the school work, and also finding time to do things around your place. Like today for instance, I have a ridiculous amount of laundry that I was planning to do. I figured alot of the students living where I am are probably watching the Steeler game and not worrying about laundry. Boy was I wrong, of course when I make my trip to the laundry room I see that every machine is taken. This problem occurs alot and really puts a set back into my plans, as I am sure it would anyone elses. It is definately a challenge to balance everything going on when you are a college student, and I don't think many realize how hard it can be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree it is very hard to balance time. When I finally get free time I find myself doing the same thing and that is nothing useful. Most of my free time I spend hanging out with friends or lifting instead of doing homework. Then when it is time to do homework its already 1:00 A.M. and im just getting started. Last year I balanced my time better but this year it seems a lot worse. I get up late for class and am still tired. I need to start getting my priorites straight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live on my own at the IVY apartment this year and it is a big difference from living on campus. Last year I was on campus and could walk to boozel to get dinner. This year I dont have a reason to drive there since I dont have a meal plan. I just have to go to giant eagle once in a while to get my food for here. Then I have to find the time between school, school work, work at the arc, and PETE club which is difficult. I see how you have a bigger problem since you play a sport which demands more time of you than my job does of me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also live on my own and I totally understand the pressure. It's definetly tough to find time to get the things done you need to. The cooking thing can be very tough too. I realized I spend so much money on ingredients for healthy cooking but end up getting fast food anywyas because I don't have enough time to cook. But, good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't live on my own this year but I would totally agree with you if I did. Half of the reason why I lived in a dorm again this year is because I think it would be too much of a hassle trying to find the extra time and money to do things like buy your own food (and cook it), go back and forth from campus depending on when your classes are, and, if you're in a sport, balancing all of that with school work. College is definitely a good opportunity to learn how to live on your own, but I want to wait as long as I can to save me the time and trouble!

    ReplyDelete